Mason Jar Healthy Parfaits
These healthy parfaits can either be a unique dessert option, or a quick on-the-go healthy breakfast.
Write a review
- Option 1: (with yogourt)
- 1 container of greek yogourt "your preference on the flavour"
- 1/2 cup of raspberries
- 1 cup of strawberries "sliced"
- 1 cup of fresh blueberries
- Maple syrup "optional"
- Raw honey "optional"
- Other fruits "optional"
- Option 2 "with Maple Walnut and Coconut mix, below."
- Maple Walnut and Coconut Mix.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter in small pan, add 3-4 tablespoons of maple syrup, bring to boil, then reduce. Add 1/2 a cup of walnuts and 1/2 cup of coconut shreds to mixture. Mix. Place on cookie sheet with parchment paper and bake at 350 degrees for 7-9 minutes. (Will post this recipe seperately shortly).
- Rinse fruits.
- Slice the strawberries.
- When layering the different ingredients in the jar, start with the yogourt, or maple coconut and walnut mix. Then layer the fruits. Rotate layers.
- Finish and place in fridge.
- Purchase small mason jars. Most likely, these can be found at your local grocery store.
- *I used honey greek yogourt with no refined sugars. You can also take plain yogourt and add raw honey into it, or pure maple syrup to sweeten it up a bit!
- Feel free to add what ever fruits you desire. You can also add chea seeds or use chea pudding instead of option 1 or 2.
Healthy Dine Out http://healthydineout.com/