Hearty Oatmeal Cookies with Maple sugar
Cookies don't have to have refined sugars in them. These oatmeal cookies are healthier and quite substantial! That is, they'll fill you up! They do have quite a bit of fat though...
Write a review
- 2 cups of flour
- 3 cups of large oats
- 2/3 cup of Maple Sugar
- 2-3 Tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp nutmeg
- Pinch of cloves
- 1 Tsp Vanilla
- 1 cup of Butter "softened"
- 3 eggs
- *If you don't have maple sugar, use coconut sugar, or even liquid Maple Syrup.
- ** You can also add crushed nuts or raisons if you like?!
- Mix all of the dry ingredients first, then make a nest in the middle of your bowl of dry ingredients and add eggs, butter, vanilla. Mix well.
- With your hands pull the batter a part and gather enough cookie dow in the palm of your hands to make a nice sized cookie. I usually will take about 2 tablespoons of the dow and roll it in my hands, forming a ball, then I'll flatten it out into cookies, and place them on the cookie sheet!
- Set oven to 375 degrees. Bake for 10 minutes. Depending on the oats, you may have to add a bit more moisture to your cookies. Possibly a tablespoon of coconut oil might do the trick. Enjoy!
- *Baking tip, use parchment paper on top of your cookie sheets to reduce the possibility of the cookies sticking to the pan.
Healthy Dine Out http://healthydineout.com/